Re: [exim] IPv6 helo

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] IPv6 helo
Paul Dekkers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While looking at some mail-headers, I was wondering about the IPv6
> literals used with the EHLO/HELO in exim. I noticed that some clients
> (like Thunderbird) but also other MTA's use "IPv6:" in front of the
> address, like
> [IPv6:2001:610:508:...]
> (but I suppose only clients actually use it in the HELO).
>
> If this was provided as:
> [2001:610:508:...]
> the address would have been "recognised" by exim and the helo= string
> omitted.
> Isn't it nicer if literals with IPv6: in front where accepted in the
> same way?

According to RFC2821, the IPv6: tag is actually required:

       ehlo            = "EHLO" SP Domain CRLF

       Domain = (sub-domain 1*("." sub-domain)) / address-literal

       address-literal = "[" IPv4-address-literal /
                             IPv6-address-literal /
                             General-address-literal "]"

       IPv6-address-literal = "IPv6:" IPv6-addr

So, does that make this a bug?

- Marc