[exim] .forward and qualify_domain

Author: Stian Jordet
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] .forward and qualify_domain
Hi,

I have a forward file that looks like this:

root@buick:~# cat /home/ingvild/.forward
sjordet@???, \ingvild

Every user is set up in LDAP (which I don't think matters for this
question), qualify_domain is set to "buick.jordet.net", and the address
test@??? points to the local user "ingvild". So, I try "sendmail
-bt test@???" and this happens:

root@buick:~# sendmail -bt test@???
R: system_aliases for test@???
R: userforward for test@???
R: dnslookup for sjordet@???
R: system_aliases for ingvild@???
R: userforward for ingvild@???
R: procmail_ldap for ingvild@???
R: ldap_user ingvild@???
R: ldap_redirect ingvild@???
test@??? is undeliverable:
  Unrouteable address
sjordet@???
    <-- test@???
  router = dnslookup, transport = remote_smtp
  host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.163.114] MX=5

[snip]

My problem is that it uses ingvild@??? instead of
ingvild@??? after the .forward is read. Why is that?
preserve_qualify_domain is not set, and other than that I can't think of
anything. I know I could setup exim to accept mail for
local_user@whateverdomain, but I want to be able to use
ingvild@??? for another user if I want to.

Or is there some smart way to get "\ingvild" in the .forward file to
send mail to the local user ingvild without involving any domainname?

Hope someone understands my problem and can give me a hand :)

Best regards,
Stian