Re: [exim] mx selection (possibly off topic)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] mx selection (possibly off topic)
On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:17:35AM +0100, Ruairi Hickey wrote:

> Hi,
>      I'm having a problem with an email address that mail is being sent to...
> mx entry below.  Bind9 seems to return the addresses in random order and exim
> intermittently trys to send the email to the 99 weighted server
> 'mail-relay.it-tallaght.ie.' which is not configured to accept the mail (the
> other 2 are).

> Has anyone come accross this type of behaviour, can I force exim to try the
> lowest weiged server first, or is this a bind thing....
>
> Thanks
>            Ruairi

> $ nslookup
> > set type=mx
> > councilofdirectors.ie
> Server:         192.168.1.5
> Address:        192.168.1.5#53

> Non-authoritative answer:
> councilofdirectors.ie mail exchanger = 10 193.1.207.2.
> councilofdirectors.ie mail exchanger = 20 ns.itnet.ie.
> councilofdirectors.ie mail exchanger = 99 mail-relay.it-tallaght.ie.

Hello Ruairi,

It looks like you need to get your DNS records sorted out:

10 won't work as it's an address.
20 isn't accepting smtp traffic
99 accepted smtp so Exim sent it there.

Ask your DNS provider to make mail.itnet.ie your lowest DNS MX record. And
while you're at it, take your nameserver out of the MX list.

Regards,
Steven.

--
I'm rated PG-34!!