Re: [exim] Which headers are filterable ?

Autor: Adam Funk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Which headers are filterable ?
On Wednesday 17 August 2005 07:01, lee wrote:

> Also, am I correct in thinking (if for eg, a reply-to: header is
> present) either of the below lines would be correct :

(1)
> if $header_reply-to: contains

I think it should be "$header_reply-to" without the ":".

(2)
> if $reply_address contains

According to Section 11.9 of the online spec,

"$reply_address: When a message is being processed, this variable
contains the contents of the Reply-To: header line if one exists and it
is not empty, or otherwise the contents of the From: header line."

So *if* a Reply-To header is present, both examples would give the same
result. If not, (1) would return an empty string (someone please
correct me if this is wrong) whereas (2) would return the value of the
From header.

HTH,
Adam