Re: [exim] HArdware Suggestions for exim courier-imap

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] HArdware Suggestions for exim courier-imap
Hi

On Tue 16 Aug 2005 14:27:35 BST , Simon Chappell
<s.chappell@???> wrote:
> we have 6 hard disks there is over 60gig of mail which they keep on
> server for ever.
> Raid5 is handled by the scsi raid card it had 3x18 and now has an
> extra 3x36gig.
> Most of the time it is courier at the top of "Top" and qmail then
> ldap(used as an address book) leaping to the top every so often.
> There is also mailman gobbling a few of the lesser resources.

As mentioned by Nigel earlier, mounting your oft-changed filesystems
with the noatime option is a good bet:

mount -o remount,defaults,noatime /var

...or /var/spool, or /var/spool/mail, or whatever the mount point(s)
your Qmail spools/queues and your courier mailboxes live under.

When I first found that one out it was a real "Eureka!" moment. It
should, ideally, give you a bunch more performance from your "tired"
systems.

Graeme