[exim] help with enforce_sync control acl

Autor: David Purton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] help with enforce_sync control acl
Hi,

I would like to create an acl that turns off enforce_sync for particular
badly behaved hosts that I need to receive mail from - ideally having
a file that I can add ip addresses to - defining which hosts will be
accepted.

I'm no guru on exim's acls and afraid I'll break things :(

This is my attempt (I'm running debian):

# 10_exim4-config_smtp_connect

acl_smtp_connect:

    require
        control = ${lookup{$sender_host_address} \
                  lsearch{/etc/exim4/local_smpt_enforce_sync_exceptions} \
                  {no_enforce_sync}{enforce_sync}}

    accept

# end acl_smtp_connect

The file local_smpt_enforce_sync_exceptions contains a list of ip addresses
that I let through.

Is this correct? Will it do what I want?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Is this the best way of doing this? Or should I just globally set
smtp_enforce_syc to true?

cheers

dc

--