Re: [exim] Using Full Email Address for Cyrus LMTP Deliver

Autor: Andre Nicholson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using Full Email Address for Cyrus LMTP Deliver
Mark Nipper wrote:
>     Insides of /etc/exim4/domains (it is a directory), I have
> one text file for each mail domain I want to handle.  Each file
> is basically the same as /etc/aliases (or /etc/mail/aliases) and
> looks something like this (this is
> /etc/exim4/domains/bitgnome.net for what it's worth):
> ---
> nipsy: nipsy\@bitgnome.net
> bzflag: nipsy@???

> abuse: nipsy@???
> postmaster: nipsy@???
> mailer-daemon: nipsy@???
> ---
>
> so that a real, physical Cyrus account will have the e-mail
> address with the @ escaped by a backslash and any virtual or
> aliased addresses will point to that same address but without the
> backslash.

I understand how you've accomplished the task -- it's quite imaginative
actually.

The only problem is that I have too many accounts in Cyrus. This
approach would require rather large alias files (and per domain also),
searching the files for every SMTP delivery, and the added overhead of
maintaining the files for every account.

I'm trying my best not to create any hacks in Exim routers or Cyrus
though, they always come back to haunt me when I need to make changes
elsewhere.

Surely somebody must be running Cyrus with unixhierarchysep and using
LMTP in Exim?

Andre Nicholson