Re: [exim] How do i set allow relay

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How do i set allow relay
Juda Barnes wrote:
> Hi all i have a machine within my local LAN
> 192.168.1.15/24
> and i want to allow this machine to use the exim to relay email
> unfortenatley the exim block the server due to NO-RELAY
> Where do i set that specific ip address to allow relay

from the default configuration file:
# The next three settings create two lists of domains and one list of hosts.
# These lists are referred to later in this configuration using the syntax
# +local_domains, +relay_to_domains, and +relay_from_hosts, respectively. They
# are all colon-separated lists:

domainlist local_domains = @
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1

The manual contains an entire chapter on the default config file that should
help you get going with exim:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_7.html#CHAP7

Authentication is another path to go down but you may want to leave that until
you've learned a bit more about configuring Exim.

Ted.