Re: [exim] Brightmail integration

Góra strony
Autor: Ronny Vaningh
Dla: Mark Moseley
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Brightmail integration
Mark

Thanks to the integration that Tom was so kind to to we are using
Brightmail at a fairly large cooperation in tandem with Exim.

The SDK does still exist and the Brightmail integration will hopefully
be re-done with the new version (2K6) ... anyway we have this on
contract :)

I must agree with Tom that your salesperson should be able to have on of
his SE's drop you a copy of the SDK.

If you are unable to get this through your established channels please
send me an email off list with your contact details and I make sure that
I pass it up to Symantec.

Wrt experiences ...
Brightmail just works (after sorting out some misconceptions around the
meaning of certain variables), but to my feeling it has still some spam
slipping through, however false positives seem to be non-existing ...
something I really appreciate in a corporate environment.

We use it as last resort behind several other exim based checks (e.g.
callouts) and it stops still 1/3 of the email (note we currently have a
55% overall spam level).

If you want to know more, just send me a mesage

Cheers

Ronny