Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP
Adam Funk wrote:

>>This has been discussed many times before on this list; that is very
>>risky, as for every site that refuses your mail with a 550 on the RCPT,
>>you'll see a dozen that either wait till the end of DATA to refuse
>>(which you'll never reach on a callout),
>
> Why would you configure that way? It doesn't reduce incoming traffic,
> which I thought was the goal of blacklisting.

Ah, sorry, I missed where it was that you snipped the paragraph.
Waiting until the end of DATA to drop spam is actually quite common;
that's how it has to work if you just assign points for blacklisted
sites, and combine those points with other content-filter rules to make
the spam/ham decision.

- Marc