Re: OT: Re: [exim] Looking for solutions - not to debate why…

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Richardson
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: OT: Re: [exim] Looking for solutions - not to debate why Iwant the solution
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 01:09:14PM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Yes - this IS a support list. But there's some who haven't figured that
> out. Some people need to get off their ego and let people exchange
> constructive ides without needing to interfere with the process. The is
> "exim-users" after all.

Support is something you pay for.

Personally I consider this list to be for informed, experienced, considered
*advice* from authoritative and non-authoritative sources. It would be
rather presumptious, and somewhat patronising, to think of Philip and
friends as 'support'.

If I'm stupid enough to ask a stupid question then I expect to be treated as
if I'm stupid. If I do my homework and present a carefully thought out query
or statement I expect to be treated well.

Knowing this makes me think very carefully before asking a question and nine
times out of ten I find that I no longer have to ask the question. I've no
desire to waste the time of the people on here with questions I can find, or
work out the answers to myself, given a little effort.

I value knowing that if I'm attempting to do something which could be better
done another way, is detrimental to other sites or is generally just ill
conceived then someone is going to tell me.

I just wish more of my users felt this way...

I've learnt infinitely more about mail from reading this list and NOT
posting than I have though the paid support routes I have to use for other
mail systems I support. Which reminds me - thanks everyone - I'm no longer
going to be helping looking after the University mail systems (damned Oracle)
but I'm still going to be using exim and lurking here.

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
100% Networks!