Re: [exim] Adding IMAP SMTP Authentication to the Wiki

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Adding IMAP SMTP Authentication to the Wiki

Marc,

Marc Perkel schrieb:
>>> http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/AuthenticatedSmtpUsingIMAP
> Thanks - I think it's going to be a popular feature. It eliminates the
> need for Exim to know what the IMAP backend is. I could totally change
> IMAP server and change nothing in Exim to authenticate.

Hm, I don't know. Actually we are scratching our heads from time to
time for how we can optimize our SQL-calls and overall architecture
even further. I can't imagine the hardware that would allow us
authentication via embedded perl.

But I'm regularly astonished what different setups are used out
there, so maybe my view is way apart from mainstream. Whoever ever
wants what you wanted to do now can read it in the wiki. That's a
good thing.

Regards,
vt