Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP

Adam Funk wrote:

> I hadn't read that part of the spec, probably because it hadn't
> occurred to me to think of this problem that way.
>
> That looks promising. Thanks for the tip.

This has been discussed many times before on this list; that is very
risky, as for every site that refuses your mail with a 550 on the RCPT,
you'll see a dozen that either wait till the end of DATA to refuse
(which you'll never reach on a callout), or accepts after DATA and then
dumps the message in a spam quarantine or even /dev/null -- possibly
after learning it as spam in their bayesian filter, poisoning your
attempts to resend a week later through the smarthost when your intended
recipient calls you to ask where that email you said you sent last week was.

We're not being belligerent when we say that what you want can't be
done; we're being helpful, because we've seen all these options proposed
and shot down multiple times in the past.

- Marc