Re: [exim] Brightmail integration

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: Mark Moseley
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Brightmail integration
Mark Moseley wrote:

> libbmiclient_single. The trialware just comes with libbmiclient, which
> hopefully is the same thing.

It's the thread-safe version, but that should not matter.

> Does anyone know where I can get that file (bmi_api.h) from, assuming
> Symantec support never returns my emails? Thanks!

Well I do have it, however I'm not allowed to give it away :( There was
a discussion if at least the headers could be GPLed but that was never
resolved.

In such a case, it it often more useful to contact Sales instead of
Support since Sales will almost do anything to help a prospective
customer :)

> Actually, does anybody on the list have any words of wisdom and/or
> reviews of Brightmail+Exim? It's not a subject I've seen come up much
> on the list.

I have it running at one site.

Pros: - Fire and forget solution, once it runs it just keeps working.
       - Low false positive and negative rates (YMMV).

Cons: - Both scanner and GUI eat resources like popcorn (Java ...)
       - Costs money.

/tom