Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Perkel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?

Fred Viles wrote:

>On 1 Aug 2005 at 10:23, Marc Perkel wrote about
>    "Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authent":

>| What I'm thinking is to access port 143 directly. Do an IMAP login and
>| if it succeeds then you disconect from imap and accept the email.
>
>FYI, it wouldn't work with CRAM-MD5 or other one-way-hash SASL
>mechanisms. The password would not be available for exim to pass to
>the IMAP server.
>
>- Fred

Why wouldn't the password be available? If you are using SMTP-AUTH then
you are passing a username and password to authenticate with. So why not
take that username and password, pass it in to IMAP port 143 and see if
it validates? If so - then you allow the message to be sent.

Am I missing something? Seems really simple to me.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com