Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Página Inicial
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
Para: 'Exim-users'
Assunto: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
Marc Perkel wrote:

> What I'm thinking is to access port 143 directly. Do an IMAP login and

You already wrote what you are thinking of, but you still don't tell why
somebody should use something like that. What should be the use of it?
You could also integrate a function to scan and OCR a hand written paper
with usernames and passwords, but noone would use it, because it's
nonsense.

> way Exim doesn't have to be compatible with some other system. It just
> gets it's OK from IMAP. It would eliminate the need for an SASL layer.

Exim _is_ already compatible with many systems. And what is so bad about
SASL?