Re: [exim] Verify domain name given in MAIL FROM Command...

Autor: Christian Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Verify domain name given in MAIL FROM Command...
Hello Tony,

Tony Finch, 30.07.2005 (d.m.y):

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Christian Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > How can I make exim check if the domain given in the envelope from
> > address is valid?
>
> The default configuration file includes the verify=sender clause
> in its RCPT ACL which does what you want.

Ah, just tried it on a test system...

It seems I didn't get it right, and the exim docs abvously couldn't
make it clear to me:
verify = sender without any additional options will exim only make a
lookup to see
a) if the domain exists and
b) which router has to be called to route mail to this domain.

Is that correct, or am I still going wrong?

I always thought that "verify = sender" would do a bit more, but maybe
I mixed it up with the verification by SMTP callout which exim is
capable of...

TIA,
Christian

--