[exim] 451 Resources temporarily unavailable

Autor: David Purton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] 451 Resources temporarily unavailable
Hi,

I'm having trouble sending email to yahoo addresses. Sometimes messages go
through ok, other times they seem to fail silently.

I'm running exim-4.34 on a debian woody server.

This is what I see in the logs, for messages that don't get through:

2005-07-29 18:32:09 1DyQkr-0006cl-Tu <= ***@haeseandharris.com.au H=*** [192.168.0.8] P=smtp S=2235 id=01da01c5941c$30fab8e0$0800a8c0@RAY
2005-07-29 18:32:14 1DyQkr-0006cl-Tu SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mx3.mail.yahoo.com [4.79.181.12]: 451 mta110.mail.mud.yahoo.com Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later [#4.16.5].
2005-07-29 18:32:16 1DyQkr-0006cl-Tu => ***@yahoo.ca R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mx3.mail.yahoo.com [64.156.215.5] 2005-07-29 18:32:16 1DyQkr-0006cl-Tu Completed

This doesn't happen every time, sometimes the 451 error doesn't occur
and the message goes through ok, even for the same user.

I grant the above *looks* like it's doing the right thing - in that it
gets a temporary error message, so it immediately tries another server
which succeeds, except the the recipient seemingly doesn't get the
message.

Any ideas? Some of the messages that I getting dropped contain invoices
for our products, so I need to figure out what is wrong quick :(

cheers

dc

--
David Purton