Re: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file

Author: John W. Baxter
To: robert, Exim, Users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file
On 7/29/05 9:22 AM, "Robert Cates" <robert@???> wrote:

> I'm wondering what would be typical (if I can put it that way?) log file
> entries if someone was able to send spam through my Exim (4.43) server,
> without me knowing it, and what would be the (best) way to block/stop them?
>
> As far as I know I've got my server configured to send and receive mail only
> for my (local) domains, but I've got a static IP, and when I try to send
> mail to some people at AOL.com and mybe even Hotmail.com, it gets rejected
> with a message about blocking spam. I don't understand why?

Well, for starters, the IP address from which you talked to the list
software has no name. If the same IP made the connection to AOL, I'm not at
all surprised you were blocked.

Use the SMTP server Deutsche Telekom (or whoever they have delegated your
part of their IP space to) for sites which won't talk to you.

--John