RE: rDNS - was [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: rDNS - was [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file

In that sense YES, they are independent -- the only relationship
between the reverse zones and a particular forward zones is
coincidental OR MORE importantly in the minds of us humans.

> server (host) setup as mail.kormar.net, but I've got the Exim
> (4.43) configured with - domainlist local_domains = localhost
> : kormar.net : kormar.org : kormar.de : @

It is BEST but not mandatory that you ISP reverse you to
mail.kormar.net OR that you change your "SMTP reported
name" to match whatever reverse they force you to take
(in most cases.)

The "reported name" may be called many things on different
SMTP servers but this is the one your SMTP server reports
in the HELO of the SMTP conversation:

    helo mail.kormar.net  (or whatever)

Many/most mail servers to SOME checks on that name to see
if it is (probably) a valid mail server and not some dial
up or other spam/virus spewing computer.

Some people will block you if these don't match -- a LOT
of people will block you if you don't have a reverse record,
and not quite as many will block you if it doesn't also
match SOME A (forward) record. YOu can have more than one
forward record, but you probably only want one reverse (Per
IP).

> So what (or how many rDNS entries) should I ask Deutsche
> Telekom AG to setup for me, so I do not have this problem
> with any of the TLDs?

1 -- the main problem will be solved domain names by setting
up this one record.

(But AOL in particular -- that is where you first noticed
the problem -- still may hose it up until you call them.
And there is no point in calling until you have the reverse
record working.)

--
Herb Martin