Re: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file - appended

Autor: Paul Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] looking for spam in Exim log file - appended
On Friday July 29 2005 11:55 am, Herb Martin wrote:
> > AOL rejects mail from servers without a reverse DNS entry. Do
> > you have rDNS set up?
> >
> > - Mark
>
> And has recently been even doing the reverse lookups wrong
> frequently. Often enough that they seem to have a standard
> procedure for fixing it when you call them.
>
> Very nice phone help at the Email help line -- willing to
> help non-customers sending email to AOL and even pretty
> knowledgeable.

Until you start trying to work out an abuse issue with them in a
rational manner, then they don't give you enough information to solve
it on your side, or if it's coming from them (more likley), they
refuse to acknowledge the problem and insult your intelligence.

You can probably guess the *only* reason I ever have to call AOL
now...

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@???