Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] batching messages to ISP
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:25:48PM +0100, Adam Funk wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 14:37, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
>>> be useful for my problem ("Automatically dropping back to "smarthost"
>>> when relaying is rejected?").
>> *Bzzzzzzzt* Misunderstanding of the meaning of a 5xx error code. Try
>> again.
> Don't buzz me; buzz all the administrators who blacklist dynamic IPs.

If you're trying to ensure consistent and sensible behaviour with mail from
a dynamic IP, I'm afraid you deserve to lose on the modern Internet. I will
carry on blacklisting dynamic IPs, as most of the things that try to send
me mail from them are compromised windows boxes. Use your smarthost or lose.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/