RE: [exim] Exim doesn't seem to be following my retry rules …

Autor: Eli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Exim doesn't seem to be following my retry rules properly?
Tony wrote:
> It depends on when the failure happens. See section 32.2 of the spec.

I'll try and re-read that to see if I can gain any more understanding :)

> > I was hoping that my retry settings would kind of guarantee me a
> > physical retry to the failed host at least every 15 minutes
>
> Er, no, if the host has been down for more than twelve hours your
> configuration states that retries should be at most hourly,
> and at most once every three hours for outages longer than a day.

Heh yeah, I was referring to the initial 3hrs where it should retry every
15m. If I can prove to myself that Exim is doing physical delivery attempts
to the failing hosts when my retry rules state, then I'll be happy :)
Looking for retries every 15m is the easiest for me since the time between
is so short, it's easier to notice in logs or whatever (I assume).

Anyways, will do more reading and see if I can't solve this myself (if
there's anything to solve except my understanding).

Thanks Tony,

Eli.