RE: [exim] Senders filtering problem...

Author: Herb Martin
To: 'Johan MEREAUX', exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] Senders filtering problem...
> New user of exim, I encounter a lot of problems trying to
> configure it.
> Indeed, I first tried to set up a reject of some senders
> written in a file.
> My problem is that the filtering only works when I use the
> exim -bh command which runs a fake SMTP session.
> When I try to send my email with the traditionnal unix mail
> fonction, the email is successfully sent (or it shouldn't
> since I'm logged as a blacklisted user).
>
> Where am I wrong?

[Caveat: I am not an expert but an Exim beginner too.]

I believe this is due to the way that -bh can impersonate
an external address (for testing) and that when using an
actual local email process you are being treated as a local
address and passed through the routers and filters.

If I am wrong, hopefully someone will correct me expeditiously.

Herb Martin, MCT, MCSD, MCSE, MVP
HerbM@??? http://LearnQuick.Com
512 388 7339 -or- 1 800 MCSE PRO
Accelerated MCSE in a Week Seminars