RE: [exim] Problem blocking IP addresses from file lookups

Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Problem blocking IP addresses from file lookups
> [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On Behalf Of Fred Viles
> Subject: Re: [exim] Problem blocking IP addresses from file lookups
>
> On 24 Jul 2005 at 20:31, Herb Martin wrote about
>     "[exim] Problem blocking IP addresse":

> | deny        message = IP $host_data Blacklisted
> |      !authenticated = *
> |               hosts = lsearch;/etc/exim.acl
> |
> | I have tried using each of these formats for the file:
> | [format attempt #1: just the IP values]
> | 82.233.203.32
> | 72.26.223.6
> | 68.184.113.146

> If exim.acl is a list of IPs, you should use net-lsearch.
> lsearch assumes they are names.

Could I use the simple file with just the IP (no actual
lookup value), and would my code then be:

deny        message = IP $host_data Blacklisted
     !authenticated = *
              hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/exim.acl

(I will research net-lsearch too.)

> | My real goal is to test an existing file (for another email
> | system) in THIS format:
> |
> | 1 82.233.203.32
> | 1 72.26.223.6
> | 1 68.184.113.146
>
> Can't help you there, AFAIK the key has to come first.

That was my understanding but I still wonder if I could not
create an artificial lookup key that includes a SPACE, e.g.,
"1 $host_data" or something...?

Thanks for ALL of the ideas you have offered or may now have.

--
Herb