[exim] Lookup IP in foreign file format

Autor: Herb Martin
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Lookup IP in foreign file format
I have a non-exim email blocking file format (that is
unchangeable):

2 172.16.1.1
1 192.168.0.0 192.168.255.255
1 210.211.163.0
1 218.90.180.13
1 64.140.160.110

Where:
    1=DENY
    2=ALLOW
    (The 192.168 "range" can be ignored if there
     is no easy way to deal with it.)

While I can easily convert this file to a simple
IP only for the 'deny', I would like to use this
file dynamically, reading it in place and using it
"as is."

How could I write a lookup that uses the connecting
Hosts address to lookup "1 $host_data" and return
true if there is a match?

(I can easily write a separate ACL test for the
"2 $host_data" to use the whitelisted addresses.)

My attempts to do this in "exim -be" expression
test have been pretty lame.

--
Herb Martin