Re: [exim] howto set macros depending on ldap request

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] howto set macros depending on ldap request
Jonas Meurer wrote:
> my routers first check in ldap whether the virtual user exists, and then
> set MAILDIR_HOME_MAILDIR_LOCATION to the maildir path. the macro is used
> by the maildir_home transport.

I don't think you can do that (or at least it's not doing what you
think).

Macros are set in the top part of the config file, before the first
"begin".

>.ifdef ${extract{mailMessageStore}{$address_data}}

This isn't exim syntax at all. I'm guessing your installation
runs a set of files through some preprocessor to produce an
exim config file, and you got the idea from there? Debian, maybe?
Perhaps there's a mailinglist dedicated to exim on that installation
which might better help you?

Cheers,
    Jeremy