[exim] mercury1.48 relaying for exim4

Author: Marc
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] mercury1.48 relaying for exim4
Hi,

we have as a smtp server mercury1.48 running on novell netware5.1. When
I set up on my debian machine exim4 as "mail sent by smarthost; no local
mail" and using the netware server as smarthost, no emails are
delivered. I'm not sure, if this is a mercury or exim4 problem, but
mercury is set up as relay and it works for other pc's. On the other
hand, if I use the smtp server of my university, email delivery does work.

Has anyone here encounterd a similiar problem?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Marc B

P.S.: I searched the archive. Henry Kuppets posted in May 2002 a
similiar question. If you read this, Henry, could you please send me an
answer?