Re: [exim] prevent received mail from being queued

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: dominik.vogt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] prevent received mail from being queued
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:07 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> I'm sitting behind a DSL line and retrieve my mail with fetchmail
> which forwards it to exim4. Usually, incoming mail is delivered
> immediately. But if more than about 10 mails have queued up, only
> a couple of them are delivered and the rest remains in the queue
> up to the next queue run.

You want to look at:-
      * smtp_accept_queue -
        http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_14.html#IX1404
      * 44.4 Incoming SMTP messages over TCP/IP -
        http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_44.html#SECT44.4

> The only queue related settings I can
> find in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template are

you should use
    exim -bP | grep queue

to get all the queue related settings out of the configuration
(including default settings).

    Nigel.