Re: [exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config

Author: Nigel Wade
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config
Richard Hobbs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found our latest problem - we have a mail loop! Here's the command
> used to send the mail back to exim once it's been checked (I think):
>
> /usr/sbin/exim4 -oMr spam-scanned -bS
>
> And here are the router and transport in full, which I am using:
>
> THE ROUTER:
> # spamassassin stuff
> sa_router:
>    no_verify
>    check_local_user
>    # When to scan a message :
>    # - it isn't already flagged as spam from Spamassassin
>    # - it isn't already scanned
>    # - it isn't local
>    # - it isn't from one internal domain user to another
>    condition = "${if and { \
>                          {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} \
>                          {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
>                          {!eq {$received_protocol}{local}} \
>                          {!eq {$sender_address_domain}{$domain}} \
>                          } \
>                          {1}{0}}"
>    driver    = accept
>    transport = sa_spamcheck
>    local_parts = /etc/spamassassinUsers
> # end of spamassassin stuff

> THE TRANSPORT:
> # spamassassin stuff
> sa_spamcheck:
>    driver = pipe
>    command = /usr/sbin/exim4 -oMr spam-scanned -bS
>    use_bsmtp = true
>    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
>    home_directory = "/tmp"
>    current_directory = "/tmp"
>    user = spamcheck
>    group = spamcheck
>    log_output = true
>    return_fail_output = true
>    return_path_add = false
>    message_prefix =
>    message_suffix =
> # end of spamassassin stuff

> Also, we are using exim-daemon-light as our MTA.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Richard.

Is "spamcheck" a trusted user? If not it won't be able to set the protocol
on the exim command.

Also, I would not skip checking if the X-Spam-Flag header is present. That
means all the spammer has to do is insert this header and your spam checking
will be bypassed completely.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555