Re: [exim] blocking executable attachments

Autor: Peter Velan
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] blocking executable attachments
at 20.07.2005 12:16 Herb Martin wrote:

>> ---
>> deny message = Attachments of type ".$found_extension" not allowed
>> demime = bat : cmd : com : exe : lnk : pif : scr
>> logwrite = :main,reject: bad atachment ($found_extension).
>> ---
>>
>> This works very well; now I would like to do it the "modern
>> way", like:
>>
>> ---
>> deny message = Attachments of type ".$found_extension" not allowed
>> condition = ${if match \
>> {${lc:$mime_filename}} \
>> {\N\.(bat|cmd|com|exe|lnk|pif|scr)$\N} \
>> {yes} {no} \
>> }
>> logwrite = :main,reject: bad atachment ($found_extension).
>
> While you are reviewing this you might wish to consider
> a longer list of dangerous extenstions -- most of these
> that I use are also disallows by Microsoft Word so many
> users would find these unavailable even if they were allowed
> to pass the server:

Herb, thanks for the great lists, I will use it!

BTW: My real list includes more "bad" extensions, I stripped it in my
examples for clarification (nevertheless, your list is far more complete
than mine).

> [... long extension lists snipped ...]

But my problem with the non-working "modern way" still remains :-(

Peter