Re: [exim] GnuTLS problem

Author: Pieter Ennes
To: hs
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] GnuTLS problem
Hello Heiko,

Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> I don't know with entropy source GnuTLS uses, but in some similar case
> with cyrus/TLS my fix was to convince the cyrus to use /dev/urandom
> instead of /dev/random (I moved /dev/random somwhere else and put a
> symlink to /dev/urandomm there instead.) /dev/urandom is not the best
> entropy source, but faster than /dev/random.

Yes, although i just continued on a real machine, something like that
crossed my mind aswell. In fact, one of the clients (also Exim with
gnutls) had the same entropy problem. Symlinking random to urandom was
indeed a way out.

Strange however, this was not a UML box... Seems like testing gnutls
connections can eat lots of entropy. ;)

> Again, I do not know, it the same would help here.

Yes, it has helped, thanks!
--
- Pieter