Re: [exim] virtualhosts Howto

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] virtualhosts Howto
p cooper <pdcooper@???> (Mo 18 Jul 2005 18:14:23 CEST):
> I got the Exim SMTP Mail Server Official Guide release 4, but there is very little in it about how to sort out virtual domains. ive tried googling as well but not come up with anything that has the detail I need.
> Anyone know of a resource

Some points:

/etc/exim4/virtual contains files, per domain one file in the usual
aliases format:

    -- /etc/exim4/virutal/example.com

    # name: local user
    hans:   u22323

And the exim conf contains about the following parts

-- /etc/exim4/exim.conf
    # ...

    # GLOBAL
    domainlist virtual_domains = dsearch;/etc/exim4/virtual

    # ROUTER

    virtual:
       domains = +virtual_domains
       driver = redirect
       data = ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/exim4/virtual/$domain}}}

    # ...

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -