Re: [exim] [exiscan] cmdline scanner, error ignored?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tom Kistner
Para: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim
Asunto: Re: [exim] [exiscan] cmdline scanner, error ignored?
Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> First off, is exiscan discussed on exim ML now, or should exiscan
> realted topics still be discussed on its old ML?

The old list will go down this week. There is no "exiscan" any more :)

> How does exim (exiscan) recognise problems during virus scanning? I'm
> running my scanner via a Perl script, that is calling clamdscan after
> recursive unpacking of archives. I thought I could tell exim that
> something went wrong by exiting != 0, but exim doesn't seem to care
> about the exit code of the cmdline-mode scanner process. Is this a bug?

The exit code is not checked at all since scanners differ in what they
return as the exit code for "succes", "virus found" etc. So problems are
not recognized at all ATM. Maybe this could be implemented using a third
"must-be-there" regular expression.

/tom