Re: [exim] exim4 + ldap integration: requirements

Author: Thomas Hager
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 + ldap integration: requirements
On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 17:53 +0200, Jonathan Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi all,

hi,

> The problem is that i couldn't find good sources to achieve this and the
> Exim4 official book don't show this theme extensively.

check the online exim4 documentation for the required ldap lookups.

> I would like to know if i need any other schemas than the packaged with
> openldap (core, cosine, misc, inetorgperson, corba, java, nis, openldap)

basically not, but it depends on your environment.
i use the objectclass and attributes defined by the lachman-laser draft.
openldap includes them in the misc.schema and they are sufficient for
hosting virtual domains.

> Also i would appreciate is somebody can show me examples.

well, this is basically how i do it:

all user entries contain the inetLocalMailRecipient objectclass and i
use these attributes:

mail: <mailbox>@<domain>
the "real" mailbox

mailHost: <hostname>
the hostname of the imap store where the mailbox is located

mailLocalAddress: <local_part>@<domain>
virtual e-mail aliases for the defined mailbox.

exim searches the LDAP directory using the mailLocalAddress attribute.
it rewrites the envelope recipient with the value returned in the mail
attribute and delivers the mail to the host defined in the mailHost
attribute.

hth,
tom.

--