AW: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to owndomains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mirko Gräfen
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to own domains
Temas nuevos: Re: AW: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to own domains
Asunto: AW: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to owndomains
Mmmmh...

i think i couldn´t point it out.

if i try to send a mail from my MUA through my server, the MUA tries to
authenticate against the exim.
authentication fails.
the point is:
if i tried to send a mail to user@xyz - for example - delivery wouldn´t
work. my server doesn´t relay the mail, because i wasn´t authorized to do so
--> exim should behave like this - ok.
if the recipient of my mail is someuser@mydomains, the server delivers the
mail without having authorized me to send mail through my server´s smtp.

it wasn´t meant the way, everybody who wants to send an email to
someuser@mydomains has to authenticate. but at the moment you only need to
know an valid email adress of the hosted domains without the right
user/password for it to relay mails to allusers@mydomains.

i hope this made it a little bit plainer.

Mirko