Re: [exim] Dovecot IMAP - Opinions?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mark
Para: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: Mailinglist EXIM
Assunto: Re: [exim] Dovecot IMAP - Opinions?
On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 13:46 +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> I would be interested to know if the switch from Courier to Dovecot
> (and back) is possible, seamless and painless (using Maildir of
> course!).

The only problem I can see (based on experience flipping to and from
tpop3d / courier) is uid related issues causing some clients to
download the entire mailbox as if it's fresh.

We resolved the problem in the end by generating a small patch to
courier which smoothed over the differences in uid generation between
the two code bases which I think I can probably remove from the locally
rolled rpm now.

--
Mark <hamster@???>