Re: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to own domains

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Fred Viles
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: AW: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to owndomains
Asunto: Re: [exim] can´t authenticate but send mails to own domains
On 16 Jul 2005 at 16:55, Mirko Gräfen wrote about
    "[exim] can´t authenticate but send ":

| i told you all, that i can´t authenticate against my passwd, but despite of
| not beeing authorized i have the ability to send mails to my own hosted
| domains by my server.
| Relaying to other domains doesn´t work. That´s quiet good. But it also
| shouldn´t work like this.

Why not?

| Thought´s?

It's *very* unusual to require SMTP authentication to accept mail for
your local domains. Are you sure that's what you want? You don't
want anyone outside your organization to be able to send you email?

- Fred