Re: [exim] tcp port smtp not found

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steven Wayne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] tcp port smtp not found
On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 05:12:54AM +0200, jonathan gonzalez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after install the brand new debian sarge the exim package gives me the
> following error that i'm unable to solve:
>
> tcp port smtp not found
>
> I've realized that the "services" file is readable and contains an entry
> at least with the smtp reference to the 25/tcp port, but this seems not
> to be enough.
>
> Can anyone help me solve this issue or point me in the good direction?

Is port 25 blocked in any firewall rules?

Is Exim the only MTA running?

What does "netstat -pant|grep :25" show? Look for a line like:

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25

and check the PID/Program name on the far right.

Steven.
--
 .''`.        The probability of someone watching you is proportional
: :'  :       to the stupidity of your action.