[exim] Re: POP3 Server with exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michelle Konzack
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Re: POP3 Server with exim
Am 2005-07-15 10:16:29, schrieb Michael da Silva Pereira:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a good pop3 server. The catch is that I need the pop3
> server to do authentication for a file or some other means of authentication
> except sql based. I am setting up a mail server that runs on minimal
> hardware and a sql server is using to much ram. Any other ideas if not this
> is not possible? Maybe a good and easy POP3 server that I can modify for
> this kind of authentication?

If you are using Debian GNU/Linux you can install courier-pop3.
No need to install the whole suite (imap, mta, mlm, faxmail,,...)

It use Unix-Accounts (use /etc/passwd, which works from scratch)
or Virtual-Users with a littlebit configuration.

You can additionaly install courier-webadmin which is easy to use.

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi