[exim] localhost as smarthost and self = send

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Bill Moseley
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Uudet otsikot: Re: [exim] route_list with a port (was:localhost as smarthost and self = send)
Aihe: [exim] localhost as smarthost and self = send
I'm on vacation (lucky me!) and have a laptop along (not so lucky). I
want to use a smarthost via a ssh tunnel back to my mailserver.
I set it up and received the message:

remote host address is the local host

I think I fixed it with using "self = send" on the Router.

Here's the setup I used:

portforward:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = smtp3000
    route_list = *  localhost  byname
    # to keep from getting "remote host address is the local host"
    self = send

and the transport:

smtp3000:
    driver = smtp
    port = 3000

Two questions:

1) is the "remote host address is local host" message due to the
route_list saying "localhost"? I'm not really clear at what point
exim determines this -- when all address are getting delivered to
localhost?

2) is the "self = send" the correct fix? The exim spec has a warning
about using the "send" setting, so I'm worried I'm using the wrong fix.

Ok, maybe three questions. I also see the "allow_localhost" in the
docs, but I'm not clear how or when that would be used. Does that
apply in this case?

Yes, this is exim 3.36 -- the laptop is Debian Sid and I haven't
updated its exim version yet. All it every does is deliver all mail
to a smarthost.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@???