Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Dalbec
Para: Nigel Wade
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] LDAP connection caching problem?
Nigel Wade wrote:

> John Dalbec wrote:

>>> Exim 4.50, 4.52:
>>> routing seems to work OK, but the delivery process (in some cases)
>>> can't seem to
>>> talk to LDAP. The search should return no results. OpenLDAP 2.0.x
>>> library, Novell eDirectory 8.7.3.4 server.
>>>
>>> exim -d -M ... yields:
>>>
>>> after ldap_url_parse: host=... port=636
>>> re-using cached connection to LDAP server ...:636
>>> Start search
>>> search ended by ldap_result yielding -1
>>> ldap_result failed
>>> ldap_result failed: 81, Can't contact LDAP server
>>> lookup deferred: ldap_result failed: 81, Can't contact LDAP server
>>> condition check lookup defer
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>> TIA,
>>> John
>>

>> By post-hoc reasoning I worked out that a new address rewriting rule I
>> had added seemed to be tickling the problem.
>>
>> ^([a-z]+).([0-9]+)@((?:...)ysu\\.edu)\$ "\
>>         ${lookup ldap\
>>         {user=... \
>>         pass=... \
>>         ldaps:///...?uid?sub?(uid=${quote_ldap:$1$2})}\
>>         {$1$2@$3}fail}"         Eh

>> We plan to convert our dotted local parts to undotted local parts.
>> This rule is intended to make sure the dotted addresses keep working
>> after we change the local parts in LDAP. We won't necessarily be able
>> to change them all at once so we have to check the directory to see
>> whether the correct local part is dotted or undotted.
>>
>> Does anyone see a problem with this rule?
>> Thanks,
>> John
>>

> Are you sure the LDAP server is listening on the ldaps (i.e. encrypted)
> port 636, and that it and Exim are fully configured for the encryption
> handshake (TLS, SSL or whatever is being used)?

Yes, I have other LDAP-based rules that work just fine. The rule that I pasted
is not actually what fails. The failure occurs in this router:

   driver = accept
   check_local_user
   hide condition = ${lookup ldap\
         {user=... \
         pass=... \
         ldaps:///...?mail?sub?(mail=${quote_ldap:$local_part@...})}\
         {yes}{no}}
   domains = ...
   transport = ...

We have (essentially) two virtual domains. Users in domain A have their
mailboxes stored in one directory tree; users in domain B (but not in domain A)
have their mailboxes stored in another directory tree. We do have some users in
both domains, so given an address in domain B, I have to check whether an
address in domain A exists with the same local part, and if so, I have to route
the e-mail to the domain A transport.

This router works fine until I insert the rewriting rule above, and then I get
the errors shown above.
John