[exim] VERP rewriting rules

Author: Steffen Heil
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] VERP rewriting rules
Hi

I am using a Greylisting system, partially taken from other solutions on the
web and partially constructed myself.
As the system is running, I see more and more different mailing systems
using different VERP addresses. Those are not really a problem for the
Greylisting system, but need some fine-tuning.

I define rules for those sender addresses to rewrite them to a common form.
Thinking others do the same, I want to share my rules and ask for yours:

s/^(.*)-return-\d+-.*=.*\@(.*)$/$1-VERP\@$2/;
# axis-user-return-34224-lists=steffen-heil.de@???

s/^sentto-(\d+)-\d+-\d+-.*\@(.*)$/$1-VERP\@$2/;
#
sentto-2442406-62058-1118946712-lists=steffen-heil.de@???
om

s/^srs0=....=..=(.*)=(.*)\@(.*)$/$2\@$1\@$3/;
# srs0=fakx=u2=youngmiss.de=return-mail@???

s/^direct-mmapi2\.[a-z0-9]+-(.*)=(.*)\@(.*)$/$1\@$2\@$3/;

direct-mmapi2.giydgmbwgu2c23lnmfygsmromj2wy2zoonrtk-isca01=mannlich-gymnasiu
m.de@???

s/^bounce-\d+-(\d+)\@(.*)$/$1-VERP\@$2/;
# bounce-286660-1912@???

They are given as perl regular expression patterns. The next lines give
examples.

Regards,
Steffen