Re: [exim] DoS attack with nested MIME levels

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jerry Nicholls
A: Michael Haardt
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] DoS attack with nested MIME levels
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 12:57 +0200, Michael Haardt wrote:

> Tom, if you read this: How about something like mime_nesting_depth and
> mime_total_count? I am sure many people want to limit both using ACLs,
> once the crap above hits them.

Yeah, I asked about this some weeks back. I don't mind how many
attachments are with an email, which your ACL snippet simply counts (if
I've got that right ?). What I mind about is the depth, since this
causes both ClamAV and SA serious woes when you get some misconfigured
mail server nesting bounce messages over and over.

<wishlist coder="Tom">

For the Mime ACL could we have something like $mime_nesting_depth ? Then
it'd be a doddle to block stupidly deep attachments :-) It of course
might affect chain letters, but who's worrying there ? ;-)

</wishlist>

Jerry.
--
Jerry Nicholls                       E: Jerry.Nicholls@???