RE: [exim] how to stop exim from reverse lookup check for tr…

Autor: Mark Smith
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] how to stop exim from reverse lookup check for trustedIPs...

I find this rather strange, as I actually copied your exim.conf and tried
running it with the IPs you listed. The place where they got rejected was at
the reverse lookup, and after taking that out, both IPs were accepted.

As far as I know, the only thing WHM's "Verify the existence of email
senders" option does is to add "require verify = sender" to the RCPT ACL and
"require verify = header_sender" to the DATA ACL, and your users are being
rejected before Exim even gets to those points.

You shouldn't need to put local users in a trusted list. You need to have an
"accept authenticated = *" line in the RCPT ACL that comes before you do all
the RBL and lookup tests.

I don't understand what this stanza is supposed to achieve:

accept
domains = +local_domains
local_parts = postmaster:abuse
!hosts = @[]
!authenticated = *

Why do you not want to accept mail to postmaster from authenticated users?

- Mark