Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mark
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Jakob Hirsch
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error
On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 08:22 -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >
> > 0s would be far better for ident.
>
> Like religious wars much? It's quite useful to some people, on the
> sending end, for you to have ident data in your receiving-side logs when
> you go to report a problem.

Though in a large hosting environment where the bulk of the mail is
coming from other ISP mailhosts the ident information is next to
impossible. In my experience (other peoples will/may vary) I've yet to
have a situation where ident information would have helped speed the
resolution of a problem.

--
Mark <hamster@???>