[exim] RE: Excluding domains from "check_rbl_sub" checks

Author: Herb Martin
To: Rikhardur.EGILSSON, exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] RE: Excluding domains from "check_rbl_sub" checks
> Is here an easy way to exclude domains from
> eval:check_rbl_sub checks ?
>
> It appears that hotmail.com hits DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE Because
> of "political reasons".
> (Or at least reasons I don´t completely agree with)
> See: http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=hotmail.com
>
> Is there any way to exclude hotmail.com from these checks
> without completely turning off the rule ?

Sure, two main ways, a condition in the RBL check itself
or a prior Accept that includes some similar conditions;
you can use a straight list or Accept based on a Whitelist
you create on your own DNS.

Otherwise you can just put a negative (not in list) on
the same ACL with the actual RBL check.

--
Herb Martin