Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Exim-users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] MessageLabs 554 SMTP synchronisation error

On 12 Jul 2005, at 01:57, Frank S. Bernhardt wrote:

> 2005-07-11 05:57:49 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
> (input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from
> H=[194.106.220.35] input=""

Maybe Jakob suggestion is to the point, perhaps this is indeed some
telnet negotiation (it is too long since I developed a server that
talked telnet...). It would be useful if exim logged some escaped
form of whatever non-printable characters it receives. Having said
so, there are better ways of spending time than this, so please
Philip do not take note.