RE: [exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard Hobbs
Para: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [exim] Per-User SpamAssassin config
Hello,

OK, 'strings /usr/sbin/exim4 | grep spam' produces the following result:

rejected. Refusing MAIL FROM:<> does not help fight spam, disregards

I guess exiscan is included in my exim build by default given the
information mentions previously, but I don't know how to find out if I'm
running heavy or light exim...

I presume this is what I need to do from this point on:

- Find out if I'm running exim heavy or not, and if not, run it.

- Once exim heavy is running (and exiscan is therefore enabled) I need to
setup the ACL stuff to allow exim to run spamassassin, but only if the
user's preferences exist.

- I then need to create some user preferences for particular people.

Also, as I may have said before, spamd is running with the following

--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -d
--pidfile=/var/run/spamd.pid

Is this correct considering some people don't want spam checking to be done
at all? I'm looking at the create-prefs bit...

Thanks again people... For some reason I'm finding this really complicated!
Surely it's just a case of telling exim to put each email into spamd, and
then telling spamd to check for preferences and spamcheck accordingly,
right?

Thanks again for all your help... Hopefully I'll get there eventually.

Richard.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group