Re: [exim] SMTP banner delay?

Author: Paul Shields
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP banner delay?
Avleen Vig wrote:

>Been reading the exim specs but can't figure out how to do this..
>
>How do you delay the SMTP banner? I want to delay it by, oh, 10 seconds,
>so try and trap the spambots hitting me right now.
>
>Yeah I know all the pros and cons :) I just can't figure out HOW to do
>it!

There is some useful stuff on transaction delays within Exim here:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/

Also, check out the latest release. There are some very interesting ACL
extensions to standard rate limiting. You can also just put a delay
within the connect ACL which should do something similar to what you're
asking.

Paul